Monday, February 27, 2006

Update on Jeff Hawkins

Jeff Hawkins truly embodies the entrepreneurial spirit.

Creator of the Palm Pilot and the Treo smart phone, Hawkins discusses his latest company, Numenta, in an interview broadcast on the February 27, 2006 airing of "Morning Edition".

Hawkins latest venture is working on the development of computer memory systems modeled on the human brain. Listen to the clip from NPR

You can hear clips related to entrepreneurship and Hawkins' thoughts on his experience at Handsping and Palm Computing in a lecture he gave to an undergraduate business class at Cornell University. Listen to Hawkins' lecture in e-clips

A favorite quote among entrepreneurship educators can be found in Hawkins' first clip:
  • "I would definitely call myself an accidental entrepreneur. I had no desire ever in my life to start a company and never thought of myself as an entrepreneur. When I went to school here [Cornell], no one ever talked about entrepreneurism and, if anything, might have been thought a slightly dirty word."

Accident or not, Hawkins is an inspiration to entrepreneurs young and old!

No comments: