Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Welcome to Rui's World


Greetings and welcome to the student section of the eClips blog. My name is Rui Zhang and over the next few months I will be blogging here on a weekly basis.

I have always felt that I have had entrepreneurial spirit in my blood because my father is a very successful entrepreneur in China and I have been endowed with a sense for great business ideas growing up inside his business circle. But I decided to take a different career path because it’s more exciting for me to jump out of the circle that I’m familiar with and to learn something new. That’s why I’m here at Cornell University, enrolled in the Master of Public Administration program - hoping to become the next president of the P.R.C or the next Secretary of the United Nations. Well, just joking… but you see where I’m heading.

Working with the eClips project as a media lab assistant for almost five months ignited my passion for entrepreneurial stories again. I have learned so much just by listening to the video clips on the eClips website and have had the opportunity to learn even more by interviewing student entrepreneurs who are running successful businesses of their own while studying here at Cornell.
Since I’m an international student, my blog will take a more international approach. I look forward to introducing you to the outstanding entrepreneurs around the world and sharing with you their secrets of success.

I hope you will enjoy reading my entries and also enjoy your experience with the eClips collection.

By Rui Zhang
rz53@cornell.edu

No comments: